Your County Collector, Donna HartWelcome to the Benton County Collector homepage. We, at the Benton County Collector's office, strive to provide the best service to the taxpayers of Benton County. In saying such, we hope that this site assists you with the necessary information for us to provide the services. As your Benton County Collector, Donna Hart, I would personally like to welcome you to this website.
The County Collector is a countywide elected office with a four-year term. Your Benton County Collector is Donna Hart. Mrs. Hart was elected the County Collector in 2006 elections.
The primary function of the County Collector is the collection of personal and real estate taxes for the various taxing entities of the county. The collector also collects merchant license fees and utility and railroad taxes. The collector is charged with the duties of collecting the taxes due, as shown on the Assessor's records, and then distributing the funds to the various taxing entities.
We hope you find the site easy to navigate, and that it provides a service for you. Thank you for visiting the site, and we welcome suggestions for improvement to make it easier for you to use. Please revisit our site and watch for new additions.
- The primary function of the County Collector is the collection of personal and real estate taxes for the various taxing entities of the county.
- Prepares separate tax statements for: Personal Property (cars, trucks, boats, etc.); Real Estate (residential, commercial, agricultural); Utilities(railroad, electric, gas lines, etc.).
- Provides Merchant Licenses to appropriate businesses or persons.
- Conducts delinquent tax sale in August.
- Collector is charged with the duties of collecting the taxes due, as shown on the Assessor's records, and then distributes the funds monthly to the various taxing entities.
Benton County tax statements should be received by Thanksgiving. Please inspect your statements and verify the information is correct. If you have not received your statements by Thanksgiving, contact our office. All tax statements are due upon receipt and become delinquent after December 31st. To avoid late fees, be sure that your payment is postmarked no later than December 31st. Payments postmarked after December 31st will be returned unprocessed unless late fees are included. All statements may be paid with one check. We cannot accept incorrect or partial payments. Payment may be made in the office with cash, personal check or credit card. The Collector has provided a payment drop box located on the north side of the Benton County Courthouse. Drop box payments will be accepted through midnight December 31st with no penalty.
Benton County Collector's office hours are Monday thru Friday,
8:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 4:30pm
The Benton County Collector's office observes state holidays.
Benton County Collector
P.O. BOX 428
Warsaw, MO 65355
316 Van Buren
Warsaw, MO 65355